Meghan’s Mountain is a non-profit charitable foundation that raises money for what Meghan defined as “direct patient care”. All of our funds must directly benefit the cancer patient and his or her family members. No matter what the size of the cancer hospital or institution there is never enough funds to cover everything. Please visit the Our Funds section to learn how our “brothers and sisters” benefit from your tax deductible generosity.
How it all began
At the age of 22, Sarah Meghan Steinberg was confronted with one of the most challenging battles of her life. Leukemia. Instead of allowing this devastating type of cancer take another life, she made the decision to let it make a change in hers. Armed with first-hand knowledge of the challenges cancer presents to individuals and their families, Meghan started an organization with the mission of generating awareness and resources for cancer sufferers and survivors. Meghan's Mountain was born. Read more about Meghan's Journey here.
Founded on the principles of helping cancer patients and their immediate families overcome their struggles with cancer. The mission is simple. To let every child and adult know that they do not climb their mountain alone. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever!
How you can help
Through the support of helping hands and generous contributions such as yours, Meghan's Mountain continues to make a difference. As an organization committed to awareness and assistance, contributions to Meghan's Mountain are tax deductible, and they go to a great cause.
No matter who you are, we all have mountains to climb. But when it comes to cancer, no one should have to climb that mountain alone. Give today of your time, money or resources, and to help at least one cancer survivor reach their summit.
To make a monetary donation, click here
Our Advisory Board
Our Advisory Board of volunteers make recommendations to our organization for recipient organizations to receive funds raised by our organization. These individuals have diverse backgrounds and life experiences, helping to ensure a diverse population effected by cancer benefits from funds raised by our organization.
HALL OF FAME COACH DENNY CRUM
Former basketball Coach of the University of Louisville Cardinals
Member of the prestigous Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame
SUSAN SWEENEY CRUM
- Afternoon news host for WFPL radio
VICTOR & JEANNIE UNRUH
- MacConstruction & Exacavating Inc.
- "Mac" has been an award winning corporation for many years
- including 2013 One Southern Indiana--Business of the year,
- 2013 ABC Award of Excellence---Kennedy Bridge
- Rehabilitation and 2012 NUCA--Highest Safety Award in the nation
DR. JULIO MELO
- Infectious disease specialist (retired).
- Winner of the medical association Patients Choice Award and Compassionate Doctor Recognition
- Kentucky Financial Group, Senior Financial Advisor.
- Member of the Shamrock Foundation and instrumental in starting the Art for the Animals
MICHELLE COHEN TASMAN
- Buyer, Marketing & Advertising Director for Rodeo Drive Louisville
- Senior Mortgage Broker for AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation
RABBI ROBERT SLOSBERG
- Rabbi of Congregation Adath Jeshurun since 1981.
- Rabbi has been involved in many local and national organizations
JUDGE A. CHRISTINE WARD
- Judge Ward is a judge in the Family Court of Jefferson County
- Michael is the owner of Gordon Properties, LLC dealing in loans, mortgages and rentals
HELEN COHEN, CPA
- A Director of Blue & Co., LLC, one of the largest accounting firms in Kentucky
- Corporate accountant for Meghan's Mountain
- Patrick was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia when he was 5 years old. Ever since then he has battled (and beaten) it a total of five times, having four relapses after his first fight with it when he was young
- Patrick is now a student at St. Xavier High School and is involved in many activities including the Kosair Children's Hospital teen advisory board and St. Margaret Mary's youth group advisory committee
- You may also recognize Patrick as the youngest player on the Bellarmine basketball team as he played in the Yum Center against U of L - he was adopted by the team in his fight against cancer
SARAH FARLEY HOLLAND
- Sarah is an Attorney and a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and University of Pittsburgh School of Law. She served nine years of active duty as a Judge Advocate General including time spent at the Pentagon. Sarah is a mom to two lovely children and is married to Dr. Brian Holland, a former Army pediatrician and current pediatric cardiologist
JERRY STEINBERG, President of Meghan's Mountain
- Retired Lawyer; Meghan's father
LIBBY TREINISH, Vice President of Meghan's Mountain
- User Experience Researcher at Angie's List; Meghan's sister
JUSTIN STEINBERG, Director of Meghan's Mountain
- Systems Engineer for Presido; Meghan's brother
LESLYE KAPLIN DICKEN, Secretary/Treasurer of Meghan's Mountain
- Formerly with Baptist Health Network